This website is operated by Namibia Breweries Ltd of the Ohlthaver & List group of companies, the ultimate holding company of which is Ohlthaver & List Group of Companies – Company registration No. 331 – Alexander Forbes House, 7th Floor – South Block | 23-33 Fidel Castro Street | P.O. Box 16, Windhoek, Namibia).
All references to ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’, or ‘company’ within this policy and within the opt-in notice are deemed to refer to [Operating Company], its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or associates, as appropriate.
We endeavor to protect your personal privacy. We provide this Privacy Statement to help you to under-stand what we may do with any personal information that we obtain from you. By providing your personal information to us, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy Statement and agree that we may collect, use, and disclose your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
If you do not agree to this statement, please do not provide your personal details to us. This Privacy Statement is incorporated into, and part of, the Terms and Conditions << where possible this should be a hyperlink to the website terms and conditions>>, that govern your use of the site in general. We will use your information only for the purposes set forth below.
We may need to update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We recommend that you check this page regularly to ensure that you have read the most recent version.
Changes to the Privacy Statement are noted here:
- Legal purchase age (To be included for all NBL brands)
You must not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction in which you reside and (if different) in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the site. We do not intend to collect personal information from any individuals under the legal purchase age, or to market alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal purchase age. If we receive notice or believe that someone under the legal purchase age has provided us with personal information we will make every reasonable effort to remove such personal information from our files, or to flag such personal information and (to the extent permitted by law) retain it for the sole purpose of ensuring that it is no longer used.
- What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law.
3.1 Video and photographs
By entering the Oktoberfest event, you agree to be filmed and photographed. This material may be used from time to time in commercials or entertainment form, within the sole discretion of the organisers. This material will be the sole property of the promoter and the participant will not be entitled to any payment or royalties thereof.
3.2 Collecting personal information
It is your choice to provide us with personal information. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to select whether you would like to receive information from us or from trusted third parties (for example, by choosing to opt in or opt out of receiving special promotional offers). In some circumstances, you will not have the option to opt out, such as when we are satisfying the obligations of a contract with you, administering a transaction requested by you, or required by law.
You may choose to provide us with personal information if, for example, you: contact us with an enquiry; register on the site; forward an item to a friend; purchase an item; fill out a survey or other form with your personal information included; ask us to provide you with information; enter a competition; post information to public areas of the site; or take advantage of a promotion. In addition, with your permission, we may collect your physical location at the time that you interact with our websites and mobisites, for the purpose of providing you with location-specific information.
By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to the transfer of such personal information to, and the collection and processing of such information in, other countries or territories. Any such transfer and processing by us will be in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
What types of cookies are used on this site? Types of cookies which may be used on this website:
- Preference Cookie – At your request we may place a cookie to remember your preferences so that you do not need to re-enter your details (country/age and language preferences) on our gateway page. This is not suitable if you share your computer with someone else.
- Social Sharing – This is a cookie that identifies you with social networking sites such as Face-book and Twitter and allows interaction between your activity on social networking sites and on our website through your direction, and makes your transition between the sites more seamless.
- Site Analytics – We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of our website. This analytical tool uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log in-formation and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.Session Cookies – We use session cookies, which are temporary cookies that cookies aid the user journey around the site, and will remember preferences you have selected during the session. These cookies are deleted as soon as you leave the site.
- Content Management cookies – These are cookies required by the site for the content management system to work.
- Template preference cookies – These cookies are necessary for mobile sites and enable the site to look and feel the way it is intended to.
We primarily use information from cookies for the following purposes:
- Traffic monitoring, e.g., to determine the IP address from which you access the site, the type of browser and operating system used to access the site, the date and time of your access to the site, the pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed the site.
- To register you in programs and recognize your website preferences.
- To recognize repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes.
- To anonymously track interaction with online advertising, e.g., to monitor the number of times a banner ad is displayed and clicked.
- To compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns, and related site information.
We may also use clear gifs (also known as web bugs or web beacons), which are tiny graphics embedded in web pages and email messages. These are used in connection with cookies to collect non-personal in-formation from users to analyze site usage, manage content on the site, track visits to other related sites, and track the performance of online advertising.
We may also connect the information that we collect through cookies and clear gifs with other personal in-formation that you provide to us in order to:
- Customise or personalise your experience of the site; for example, so we can greet you on the site by name;
- Conduct transactions, such as credit card sales; and
- Monitor your use of our website(s) in order to make our communications to you as relevant as possible, and for other marketing and advertising research purposes.
How do I disable/enable cookies?
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
- There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can go to the Tools/Internet options/Security and Privacy Tabs to adapt the browser to your expectations. If you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
- Some modern browsers have a feature that will analyse website privacy policies and allow a user to control their privacy needs. These are known as ‘P3P’ features (Privacy Preferences Platform).
- You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. Please check your browser for instructions on how to delete cookies. Below are instructions for deleting cookies, if you are using [“Google Chrome on your mobile phone, desktop or laptop”]:
Removing website cookies via Google Chrome on Android
- Open Chrome
- On your browser toolbar, tap More.
- Tap History, and then tap Clear browsing data.
- Under “Clear browsing data,” select the checkboxes for Cookies and site data and Cached images and files.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
- Tap Clear browsing data.
Removing website cookies via Google Chrome on Computer
- Open Chrome.
- On your browser toolbar, click More.
- Point to More tools, and then click Clear browsing data.
- In the “Clear browsing data” box, click the checkboxes for Cookies and other site and plug-in data and Cached images and files.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
3.4 Use of personal information
We may use personal information collected from you to provide specific services that you request, as well as to provide additional services that may be of interest. For example, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
Marketing Communications. We may use your personal information to communicate with you about our products and services, and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies, and any of their related businesses.
Marketing analysis. We may use your personal information for internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to our websites.
Transactional purposes. We may use your personal information to respond to your queries and requests, maintain your accounts, and manage transactions such as credit card payments for any goods that you order from us or our agents, or for the fulfilment of such transactions (e.g., delivery).
Forward to a friend. When you provide us with information regarding another individual, such as when you request that we send someone information from one of our websites, we will send that individual only the information you specifically requested that we send. We will not send them additional communications based on your providing us with their information. If the brand is an alcohol brand, you must certify that your friend is of Legal Purchase Age in the jurisdiction where he/she is located in order for us to transmit the requested information.
3.5 Disclosure of personal information
We value your personal information and only share it with third parties that provide it with adequate protection. From time to time we may disclose personal information to:
- third parties to whom you have provided your consent;
- our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf, or to provide services to us (such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; credit card and data processing; age verification; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and other services related to our business), provided such service providers and subcontractors do not collect, use, or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions on our behalf, to provide services to us, or as otherwise required by law;
- third parties who, in our reasonable judgment, are providing or seeking the information as your authorized or appointed legal agent; or
- carefully selected third parties, including our affiliates, to send you third party marketing and promotional information that may be of interest. In such circumstances these organizations may be bound by confidentiality obligations and restrictions on the use of your personal information. We will obtain your express permission before we allow a third party that is not an affiliate to send you any such marketing and promotional information;
- a person or entity, including our affiliates, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, financing, reorganization, or liquidation whereby we transfer, sell, or assign to such third party information concerning your relationship with us, including without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us; and
- law enforcement, governmental or regulatory agencies, or other third parties in order to comply with applicable law, or where we believe such action is necessary in order to comply with applicable law, or to detect, protect, or defend us and/or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud, or other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, or to audit compliance with our corporate policies, procedures, legal, or contractual obligations.
3.6 Public (or Interactive) areas of our websites
Information that you post on or through the public areas of the site (e.g. Social Networking modules) generally is accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others, and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. You should not provide personal information about yourself in public (or interactive) areas of the site. Such personal information is not covered under this Privacy Statement.
We take security seriously and take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, we have no control over the privacy of any communications while it is in transit to us. We therefore recommend that you not include confidential, proprietary, or sensitive information in any such communications.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If such a notification is appropriate, we will endeavour to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
You are reminded that, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions << where possible this should be a hyperlink to the website terms and conditions>>, for this website, which include this Privacy Statement, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you are responsible for any activity under your account and password. It is your sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify us when you wish to cancel your account. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
3.8 Unsubscribe, access, questions and further information
At your request and where the law requires us to do so, if you contact us using the unsubscribe details pro-vided below we will confirm what personal information we hold about you, update your information, remove your information, fulfil specific opt-out requests (including requests where you previously opted in with respect to the use of your personal information), and/or correct any inaccuracies in such personal information.
If you would like to unsubscribe from Oktoberfest Namibia communications, email ‘STOP Oktoberfest’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
3.9 Portfolio permissions
If you have given permission to receive communications about NBL brands generally (for example, by opting to receive news and special offers by email about NBL’s other great brands), you may from time to time receive communications about brands to which you have not opted in specifically. Information about many of NBL’s brands can be found at http://www.nambrew.com
Providing general permission for us to communicate with you about our brands does not mean that you will receive communications about all of NBL’s brands. We will only communicate with you about those brands that we think may be of particular interest to you. Any such communications will provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from the brand in question and/or from all communications about NBL’s brands.
If you have any privacy-related questions, concerns or complaints, please contact: Group Digital Marketing , Ohlthaver & List Group of Companies, email@example.com.
3.10 Interfaces with Third-Party Websites
The site may contain links, references, and content from other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that we have limited or no control over these websites and our Privacy Statement does not apply to these sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions << where possible this should be a hyperlink to the website terms and conditions>>, of any linked, referenced, or interfacing websites you enter.
This Privacy Statement will be supplemented by additional legal requirements in jurisdictions where we con-duct business as required. Nothing in this Privacy Statement or otherwise will create, or add to, any right or claim (whether legal, equitable, or otherwise) that any individual or person may have at law or otherwise against the company or any third party, or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, or representatives (collectively the “Ohlthaver & List Group”), nor will the existence of this Privacy Statement or its application impose or add to any obligations upon or create any liability for the Ohlthaver & List Group that it does not already otherwise have under law.
© 2019 NAMIBIA BREWERIES LTD, 7th floor – South Block, Alexander Forbes House, 23-33 Fidel Castro Street, Windhoek (registered in Namibia with registered number 2/1920)
All rights reserved.
Version 2.0 dated 23 September 2019